Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Why did I start this blog?

It all started when I was thinking about what is really in the bible. Christians pick verses that point out the good things in the bible and atheists pick verses that point out the bad things in the bible. Then they both accuse each other of things such as cherry picking and taking things out of context.

I have read a verse here and there, I have read passages recommended to me or referenced from various places, but I have never really just read the bible. So that is what I am going to do. Read a bit, post a summary in my own words, then comment on it. My goal is to be neither mean nor nice. I will point out the things I think are good, the things I think are bad, and things I think are just confusing.

I decided to start with the new testament. Why? I'm not really sure. I guess I wanted to avoid the whole "that's just old testament" thing. Also, I have heard from some people that some of the early books in the old testament are pretty boring. But fear not! If this thing goes well and I have fun doing it I will most likely go back and do old testament later.

In the unlikely event that someone other than me is reading this, welcome aboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...