Friday, February 8, 2013

What Next?

So the new testament is done, you might be asking yourself what is next for this blog. I started the blog with Matthew for various reasons (primarily to avoid the "that's just the old testament" defense) and now it is time to circle back and read the old testament. Long term I plan to read the book of Mormon and the Koran as well, but that is years away so it's not worth thinking too hard about just yet.

Before I start in with the old testament though, I am going to do a series of posts about what I read in the new testament. I will take various topics and look at what is said about it across the entire new testament. I would like to see what topics have a somewhat consistent message and which ones have verses which support opposite positions on an issue. I am not sure how many of these posts I will do (still organizing), but it looks like I will have about 2 weeks worth of this type of material.

One other thing I wanted to point out, I have combined all of the verses from the overview posts into a single page and put a link to it at the bottom of the new testament list on the side bar. I originally made this list as a source for the next couple weeks of posts, but I realized other people might be interested in it as well. I doubt anyone will just browse through the list, however if you are trying to find some half remembered verse from my overviews, they are now all on one page. Perfect for Ctrl+F. I'm not sure if anyone else will find this useful, but I've already used it once :) I think when I do the old testament I'm going to build up such a list slowly as we go.

3 comments:

  1. I think a series on the Book of Mormon or the Koran would be a great idea.

    Maybe the week can be split in two, 3 days of the Old Testament, 3 days of one of the other 2 books, and a day to post whatever you feel like. It would be great if it were the Old Testament and the Koran, because I have a feeling that the Old Testament law and the laws in the Koran will sound very similar ;)

    It's a great blog, I enjoy the posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheldon :)

      I think for my brain, it is a bit easier to be singularly focused on one rather than jump back and forth. It's also possible that my time will be restricted in the near future and I might have to back off to a few times a week anyway, don't want to have too many irons in the fire.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to it. And I'm sure your consolidated verse page will be even more handy as time goes on. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...