Friday, January 4, 2013

More "Free" Books

If you have amazon prime like I do, you get 1 free book a month, and when I am low on material (or time) I share the good stuff I come across.

The last book I read was World's Collider: A Shared World Anthology. It was a horror book, and it felt a little bit like Lovecraft. Basically, there was an accident at the large hadron collider which caused all kinds of scary things to erupt into our world. It's basically a book of short stories written by a bunch of different authors in the same universe, with a few recurring characters and an overall arc that came together in the end. I found it quite enjoyable, although since I read before I go to sleep it gave me some crazy dreams this past month.

I just started reading Post Human. Futuristic, humans have augmentations, nanomachines in our body making us better and such. I've only just started it, but it made a really good first impression.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed World's Collider, but I'm only slightly sorry for the crazy dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with a few bizarre dreams now and then :)

      Delete
  2. When it comes to science fiction based horror books, a great writer is Dean Koontz. I recommend 77 Shadow Street and The Taking (despite it's ending, he is Catholic).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...