Monday, July 29, 2013

Getting Back to Blogging

The new addition to my family has been going great, although it is extremely tiring. While the grandparents were here my free time was spent hanging out with them, and blogging was slowed down quite a bit, bible blogging was abandoned altogether as it does take quite a time to prep those posts. The grandparents have all gone home now, and being away from the blog has made me realize how much I enjoy doing it, so I definitely want to find time to get back to it somewhat. However, free time is extremely limited and posting every day is certainly out of the question. I'd love to work back up to my old schedule eventually, but I want to start more modestly and build up rather than try to do too much and fall short.

During the week, I used to post 3 bible posts and 2 other random posts. My initial goal is going to be to do 1 of each minimum, and if I can get ahead of schedule I will post extra ones. Eventually I hope to get back to doing 3 bible posts a week, but given all the prep and recording the podcast, that probably won't be for a while.

On Sunday I've recently started doing highlights posts. I've liked doing these, they are easy to make and I get to give a shout out to the blogs and podcasts that I like, seems like a win-win. These will continue and I will probably put one up most sundays

On Saturday's I recently started doing a politics post. I like doing them, as I feel it is a decent way to learn about a topic I am woefully uninformed. However, it takes time that I would rather devote to other things. These will probably come back eventually, but not for a while.

9 comments:

  1. Heh, I warned you that you'd be tired. Just ease back into it and know that, over the next month or so, things will get easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, yeah. I thought that since I've dealt with insomnia for years I would be ready for lack of sleep. But it's a whole new ball game. Last night I got 5 hours of sleep and I feel like a million bucks :)

      Delete
  2. 1 post a week is just fine. :-) I've done 1/week for years now, and I don't even have an excuse as good as yours! I bet you are getting really good at napping though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could probably be happy with 1/week, but I have been itching to write lately. In fact, I keep getting ideas and writing them in my mind but never taking notes and losing it. It bugs me a bit, but also I figure if it's a good idea it will come back around later.

      And unfortunately I totally suck at napping. It takes me too long to fall asleep. I got time though, I just need more practice :)

      Delete
    2. Use a voice recorder, that way you don't forget what you want to write about. Your phone ought to have that app.

      Delete
    3. That's not a bad idea, I use my phone to record the podcast already, so it's set up for me.

      Delete
  3. Hey, we are both doing better than that dead-beat over on Reason-Being.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, someone has to go kick his ass. :)

      Delete
    2. Hey yeah, what's up with that guy? Is he done with blogging or just busy? Anyone know?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...