Thursday, October 24, 2013

But I Want a Meatball Tree

This morning my wife was singing "On Top of Spaghetti" to my son, it was really fun to hear a song that I loved as a child but haven't heard in years. Neither of us could remember the last part and had to look it up. I found the ending of it interesting, in case you don't remember the ending like me, allow me to post the last 2 verses (for the whole thing, feel free to follow the above link).
The tree was all covered,
All covered with moss,
And on it grew meatballs,
And tomato sauce.
So if you eat spaghetti,
All covered with cheese,
Hold on to your meatball,
Whenever you sneeze.
Wait a damn minute! The moral of this story is to not allow your meatball to get away? That's madness! If I could get a meatball tree simply by giving up one meatball I would do it in a heartbeat. Kids songs make no sense at all.

Oh wait a minute, this is an atheism blog, gotta bring this back around to atheism, think man, think. I got it!
Original pictures

7 comments:

  1. If god existed, and he really loved us, there would be bacon and chocolate trees instead. ;)

    I never heard of that children's song before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon and chocolate trees would be awesome :)

      Delete
    2. And in the most perfect of all worlds, created by a loving God, those trees would bear bacon that stayed crispy and warm.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you will quickly learn that most children's songs (and most children's TV shows) make no sense whatsoever. Do yourself a favor and don't think about them, you'll burn out your brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pointing stuff like this out is just a bit of fun, if I do it too much I'll probably drive my wife nuts though

      Delete
  3. Seems like a missed opportunity for a Flying Spaghetti Monster reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I didn't think of that! Stupid no sleep brain

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...