Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mark Overview

As I explained when I finished Matthew, one of the reasons I am doing this blog is I am curious to see what kind of messages one might get from reading the bible. What might one learn as a take-away. There are some things that I think are good, and some that I think are bad.

The Good


3:5 You can break the rules to do a good deed


9:41 stop arguing with different denominations

11:17 Don't exploit religion for personal gains

15:11-15 be careful of group-think


The Bad


2:5 your afflictions are caused by your sins

3:29 Blasphemy against the holy spirit is unforgivable

3:33 Your family is unimportant

4:10-12 Jesus intentionally made his teachings confusing for the masses

9:23 you can get whatever you want just by believing it (faith healing)


2 comments:

  1. Mark was supposedly the first to be written of the synoptic gospels. These include Matthew Mark and Luke. The other two were supposedly based off of this book. The synoptic gospels are called such, I assume because they are pretty similar. The gospel of John is really different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting that Mark was written first but it is put in the bible in the middle. I wonder why it is packaged that way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...