Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Acts 6

Seven Chosen to Serve


The Hellenists complained that the Hebrews "because their widows were being neglected in the daily distribution."

I'm not sure what this means, but it sounds like there was not enough people preaching to reach everyone. That's what I'm going with, if someone thinks I am not understanding this properly please let me know.


They decided to appoint seven guys to fill this void. Everyone was happy and the disciples multiplied greatly in Jerusalem. Also, a great many priests became obedient to the faith.

Stephen Is Seized


Some people who did not like Stephen made up a bunch of lies to get Stephen in trouble, he was seized because of these lies.

1 comment:

  1. "The Hellenists complained that the Hebrews "because their widows were being neglected in the daily distribution."

    In my translation, it reads "daily serving of food." I am guessing that this complaint had to do with the Hellenistic women getting stuck at the end of the food line and not getting to eat or something. Then in the second verse I get the impression that they were saying that they are too busy preaching to have to be taking care of the food. For some reason, this reminds me of when Mary Magdalene was stuck in the kitchen doing all the work and couldn't get help because it was more important for Mary to hear Jesus than it was to help her. So, shit just kind of fell on MM to do. I guess she wasn't important enough to sit down and hear Jesus as well. So much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...