Friday, May 4, 2012

John 16

The Work of the Holy Spirit


Jesus will leave here and the holy spirit will come help you out. It is a good thing he is leaving for if he didn't the holy spirit would not come. Jesus still has many things to say but the disciples cannot yet bear it, so the holy spirit will tell them when the time is right.

That is interesting. I have never heard that the holy spirit came down when Jesus died. I figured it had always been around or something.


Your Sorrow Will Turn into Joy


Jesus says that they will be full of sorrow, but in a short amount of time it will turn into joy.

Jesus is referring to his death and resurrection I assume


I Have Overcome the World


Jesus says he will stop using figured of speech and speak plainly. He was with the father but left him to come to Earth, now he is going back to the father. Everyone seems happy with what he said.

I just don't have much to say here. For my purposes of reading, this stuff is not particularly interesting.

1 comment:

  1. The Work of the Holy Spirit. That is interesting about the holy spirit. I don't know if it's Catholic tradition, but I always thought that when Pentecost was celebrated, it was the first time the holy spirit came upon the apostles, and I always thought that it was the first time. After reading the summary in the Wiki article, I realize that I was wrong about the assumption that it was the first time it came down.

    I Have Overcome the World At the end, he says, “'These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage, I have overcome the world.'” This seems to contradict some of his other messages.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...