Monday, October 1, 2012

1 Thessalonians 3

Listen to the podcast below (or right click this link for the mp3 file) 


Podcast Powered By Podbean

Paul's Longing to See Them Again (2:17-3:5)

Paul says he wanted to visit the Thessalonians again but Satan kept stopping it from happening. He eventually sent Timothy to check up on them and see how their faith is coming along. He knew ahead of time that they would face affliction and he was afraid that this would cause their faith to waver and his time with them would be in vain.

Timothy's Encouraging Report (v. 6-13)

Timothy came back and said you guys are doing well and your faith is strong. We would like to come see you and help where you are lacking in faith.

I think I got this message right, but it was a little odd as it seemed to say they have a lot of faith and then 2 seconds later said they are lacking in faith. I think it must mean that everyone lacks in faith in some respect and they wanted to find out where that is and help them.

Hopefully god will help us make our way to you so we can hang out in person again.

For the overview post (If you think I should add or remove stuff from this list please let me know, I think it would make good conversation) 

I didn't really see anything for the overview post today. Honestly today's reading was pretty boring. If you think I missed something let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, not much here. It does seem like Paul was convinced that Jesus was coming back within the lifetimes of him and his followers like verse 4 and verse 13. Maybe it's just me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...