Friday, June 29, 2012

Romans 5

Peace with God Through Faith


We have peace with God through Jesus who has died for us and given us the holy spirit. Jesus died for the ungodly, which is amazing because it is hard enough to die for a good man, let alone a bad one.

Death in Adam, Life in Christ


Adam sinned and then sin spread to everyone, even before there were the laws of Moses. Then Jesus did his thing and we were all forgiven.

I don't have much to say here, I guess I'm not finding the book of Romans terribly interesting so far. They seem to be saying a lot of the things I used to hear in church, I guess that aspect of it is a bit interesting, but I haven't seen a lot of surprises.

4 comments:

  1. Do you know if Jews believe in original sin? If so, do they have a way out of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really good question.

      I did a quick google search and it seems that the answer is no, they don't believe in original sin.

      http://whatjewsbelieve.org/explanation5.html

      Delete
  2. I actually find the book a bit boring on it's own merit, myself, but I think it's interesting and important to read none the less. It seems to me like a lot of stuff that's used in churches and beliefs are taken from Romans. In a way I like reading it since a lot of the stuff in here seems a bit odd. Like saying that death wasn't around until Adam and Eve sinned. Really?

    Is there really no one without sin?

    Also, Grundy, that is actually something I had never thought about myself. Hausdorff, does that mean that the concept of "original sin" didn't come about until after Jesus died and freed us from it? I feel like my mind was just blown. This is just as damning against the christian faith as admitting that Adam and Eve never existed. It's interesting to me how most people will admit they never existed and that they are a "metaphor" yet, the whole concept of original sin and Jesus is predicated on the fact that they happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think you are right. If Jews don't have original sin, then the early Christians really did invent it just to solve it. Sounds pretty bad when you put it that way

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...