Sunday, July 1, 2012

Podcasts I like

I am in the middle of a long trip and need something quick and easy to post. So I figured I'd post a list of the podcasts that I like.

Atheism:

Ask An Atheist: Call in show, although they usually just do prepared topics

Culture Wars Radio: I'm new to this one, but he talks about atheism and politics it seems

Godless Bitches: A podcast about feminism and atheism

Reasonable Doubts: Atheist radio show, not really sure how to expand the description on this one :)

The Atheist Experience: public access radio call in show from Austin. These guys are a large part of what inspired me to start this blog

The Non Prophets: Atheist Experience guys talking about atheism without calls

Comedy:

The Adam Carolla Show: Basically a morning radio show in podcast form, except actually funny. Warning, there is no censorship here

Economics:

Planet Money: They talk about economics in a very simple, easy to understand way. Very well produced program.

Econtalk: More long form economics discussion from a college econ professor. Really interesting but a little dry. I think it is great but I have to be in the right mood for it.

Science:

The Weekly Weinersmith: The guy from SMBC talking science with his wife. She studies parasites so that comes of a fair bit...awesome

The Titanium Physicists: A couple physicists explain a difficult physics idea to a non-physicist. I really like the format.

Skeptics Guide to the universe: skepticism and science. My favorite thing they do each episode is "science or fiction" where one guy gives a few science stories and the other people have to guess which story is fake.

Variety? (not sure what to call this category)

This American Life: Great Stories each week

Radiolab: Similar to TAL, not as good but I still like it a lot.

---------------------

I already have more on my list than I can really keep up with, but if you know of another podcast you really like feel free to add it in the comments.

5 comments:

  1. Funny enough, I don't listen to any specifically atheist shows. I'm a long-time listener to Skeptic's Guide and Adam Carolla. I also listen to some other shows on "Ace Broadcasting" like Penn's Sunday School and Alison Rosen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, it's funny. I didn't realize how many different atheist shows I listen to until I compiled this list. I just sorta play what comes up in my feed and don't pay much attention.

      I listened to the first half of the first episode of alison's show and couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll give it another try, I really like her on adam's show.

      Delete
    2. I didn't start listening to Allison's show from the beginning, I started with a guest I liked. Dana Gould or someone.

      Which of those atheist podcasts is your favorite?

      Delete
    3. The Atheist experience. I really like that they talk to Christians and have conversations with them. It seems like it has a much better chance to change minds, like they are on the front lines in a way.

      I like the rest of them about equally, although I guess if I had to choose I would pick ask and atheist as my favorite. I can't really put my finger on why, but I do know that if I have a choice I usually listen to that one first.

      I'm also fairly partial to the godless bitches. I think it is because they talk a lot about feminism stuff, which is often topics which I have thought very little about. Therefore, it is new and interesting to me.

      Delete
    4. You need a feminism podcast to offset Carolla. :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...