Thursday, July 26, 2012

Romans Overview


As I have explained in the past, one of the reasons I am doing this blog is I am curious to see what kind of messages one might get from reading the bible. What might one learn as a take-away. Here is my quick summary of the good and bad from Romans.


The Good


3:3-4 intention matters


9:3 Be willing to make sacrifices for the benefit of others


12:5 Work together to make a strong society


12:9-21 big list of good ways to act toward one another


13:8 Love your neighbor


14:1-12 don't judge each other


14:14 nothing is bad unless you think it is bad


15:2 Be good to each other


The Bad


1:26-27 Being Gay is bad


1:29-32 Many things deserve death, including gossip and being envious.


3:23 We are all sinners (I know everyone won't see this as bad, but this is my list)


4:5 faith is all that really matters


8:10 we all deserve hell but Jesus saves us


8:17 encourages persecution complex


11:7-8 God messes with free will





2 comments:

  1. "Nothing is bad unless you think it is bad" goes against a lot of the Bible and should probably be listed in the Good and Bad section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you pointed that out. I looked back at the list after I posted it and that one stuck me as odd as well. Maybe I should create a third category for stuff that is interesting and yet doesn't fit into either the good or bad category.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...