Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ephesians Overview


As I have explained in the past, one of the reasons I am doing this blog is I am curious to see what kind of messages one might get from reading the bible. What might one learn as a take-away. Here is my quick summary of the good and bad from Ephesians.

(note: the chapter link takes you to my page on that chapter, the verse link takes you to the verse on biblestudytools.com)

Good:

2:8-9 Don't boast about being among the saved

4:2 encourages humility, gentleness, and patience

4:25 Don't lie

4:31-32 avoid bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and slander. Be kind, tenderhearted and forgiving.

5:1-2 Imitate the best things about Jesus

6:1-4 Encourage families to get along


Bad:

1:5,11 Who is and isn't a Christian is predestined by God (note: this is bad because of hell)

4:19,22 If you are not a Christian you are evil

5:3,5 encourages fear and repression of sex

5:4 no dirty jokes

5:18 no wine

5:22-23 misogynist garbage

6:5-9 slavery is fine as long as masters stop threatening their slaves


Noteworthy: (I'm not sure if this fits in good or bad, but I might want to reference it later)

4:26-27 don't go to bed angry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...