Saturday, April 6, 2013

Minor Change of Publishing Schedule

When it comes to doing this blog, I get lots of ideas on ways to improve it. Many of those ideas don't work and I abandon them after a short period of time, but many of them I think have been for the better. Christian commentaries, podcast, webcomic, and youtube are all great additions in my opinion and have made my bible posts something I am very happy with. Unfortunately it also means that putting them together takes forever. I don't want to cut any of this stuff out, but doing 5 a week has become a bit overwhelming at this point, so I'm going to cut back just a touch. I'm going to do bible posts on monday, wednesday, and friday, and I'm also going to move my random posts in to tuesday and thursday. I'll generally leave the weekends blank except for doing announcements like this. (Or until I get my next "brilliant" idea of something else I want to do which will absorb all of my free time)

Speaking of announcements, I don't think I ever mentioned on the blog that I was on the bitchspot report again last week. If you haven't listened to it yet, go check it out.

8 comments:

  1. I imagine the podcasts/YouTube commentaries get rather time consuming. How much time does it usually take to produce one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually not all that bad, I do zero editing on the podcast, so the time to make it is however long it is plus about 10 minutes to get it uploaded and cross referenced and everything. I suppose also 5-10 minutes before hand reviewing my notes so I knew when to interject certain ideas into the reading. The biggest problem with it though, is that I have to have uninterrupted quiet time when I'm doing it. The blog on the other hand, I do while multitasking other things. It's easier to squeeze it in piecemeal between throughout the day.

      The youtube videos take me about 50% longer than the episode I'm doing. I just listen to the episode already recorded and then pause and interject captions where necessary. But again, that pretty makes takes all of my focus

      Delete
  2. Hausdorff...you have taken on a tremendous task posting even that often. I did more post's in the beginning but then decided it wasn't giving readers enough time to find the post...much less comment on it. I now post once a week and even that sometimes makes it difficult to find interesting material.

    Of course...with you using the Bible to "inspire" you...you have an unlimited resource of things to debate. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna,

      I definitely agree, there are downsides to writing too often and too seldom. I've always thought 1 post per day was pretty good, although I've been thinking lately 3-5 times a week might be better.

      I actually think I'm going to start being a little more lax with myself about dropping days as well. For example, yesterday was really busy and I didn't have time to write my monday post. In the past I would make sure to get it done over the weekend, but I think if I don't get to it I'm not going to fret.

      Delete
  3. I don't know how you do it, honestly. Even cutting back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ultimately, I think I just find the whole thing fascinating. Infuriating at times for sure, but fascinating. The funny thing is I couldn't care less about what is in the bible when I was a Christian.

      Delete
  4. Blogging, just like everything in life, is about crafting a system you can work in. It's an experimental process. Good luck, man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're exactly right. I'll just have to see if this new schedule works for me and potentially modify from there.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...